The Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families joins School and Community in promoting safe, healthy and drug free youth and supporting families. We work to secure the future of our youth and our community by reducing youth use of alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs, youth prescription drug abuse, and preventing youth suicide.
About The Coalition
The Coalition includes representatives of all sectors of the community, including parents, youth, Chippewa Valley Schools staff, law enforcement, government, business, the medical community, and 20 community and youth serving agencies. The voice and talents of our youth are provided by our Coalition Teen Councils, active student groups at Chippewa Valley and Dakota High Schools. We network with 22 local churches through the Interfaith/Chippewa Valley Partnership. We create prevention initiatives and video and print materials that are shared with coalitions and other groups in Macomb County and beyond.
The Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families, which serves the geographic area of Chippewa Valley Schools and includes parts of Clinton and Macomb Townships, is a federal Drug Free Communities Grantee. Coalition efforts are also supported by donations and fundraising.
Initiatives & Activities of the Coalition Include:
- Parents Who Host…Lose the Most Initiative
- Youth Marijuana Use Prevention Initiative
- Youth Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Initiative
- Interfaith/Chippewa Valley Partnership
- Alcohol Retailers Project
- Annual Be Aware Walk for Suicide Prevention
- Annual Red Ribbon Month Campaign
- Coalition Teen Councils, Chippewa Valley & Dakota High Schools
- Critical Issues of Youth, annual drug prevention workshop
- Focus on Youth Forums
- Life of an Athlete/John Underwood Program
- Parent and Community Education
- Parenting Corner Video Series
- Parenting Gazette, email Newsletter
- Parent-Student Dialogue Nights
- Prescription Drug Take Back Community Events
- Project Learn, after-school program for at-risk learners
- Project Alert, drug prevention program
- Smart Moves, drug prevention program for 5th graders
- Teen Court Program
For more information about the Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families, Call 586-723-2360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.