A Research-Based Campaign to Educate About the Dangers of Marijuana for Our Youth and Our Communities
There’s much talk, and much misinformation, about medical and recreational marijuana in the media and in public discussion. There seems to be very little focus on the many unforeseen negative consequences of marijuana for our youth and communities.
Welcome toMobilizing Michigan
Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana
Let's Start the Conversation!
The Mobilizing Michigan … Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign was created by the Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families, a school-community coalition in central Macomb County, Michigan, and the Macomb County Community Mental Health – Office of Substance Abuse (MCOSA).
The Mobilizing Michigan – Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign Tool Kit
The Mobilizing Michigan … Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign Tool Kit has multiple components intended to provide community coalitions, schools, agencies, and churches with the tools to educate all sectors of the community – youth, parents, other community members, school staff, law enforcement, government, the faith community, business, youth-serving and other agencies, etc. - about the dangers of youth marijuana use. Data and other Information included in the Mobilizing Michigan… Tool Kit is based on research from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the National Institute of Health, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services, the National Institute of Mental Health, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America, etc.
Tool Kit Components
- PowerPoint Slideshow and Notes (The Dangers of Marijuana for Our Youth and Our Communities) for Community Presentations
- Marijuana Prevention Lesson for High School Students: PowerPoint, Presentation Notes,
Videos, Supplemental Activities, and Bibliography
- Marijuana Prevention Lesson for Middle Schools Students: PowerPoint, Presentation Notes, Videos, and Bibliography
- Marijuana PSA (English and Spanish Language Versions) 30 second videos
- Fact Sheets
- Parent Informational Postcards/Mailers
- Posts and Tweets
- 12×16 Posters
- Tips for Opinion-Editorial and Social Media
- Educate Your U.S. and State Legislators About the Dangers of Youth Marijuana Use
- Conducting a Town Hall Meeting
- Evaluation Form for PowerPoint Presentations